We’re proud to offer you a truly fantastic week of cycling in the Dolomites using all of our local knowledge and the experience from our partners at Col Collective to bring you the most picturesque roads this fabulous region has to offer. Not only will you have the chance to learn more about all aspects of your riding, from pacing with power to nutrition, training, recovery and more you’ll also be able to see how the pros do it with a visit to the world’s most beautiful grand tour, the Giro d’Italia!
DATES & PRICES
Capturing the spirit of the Dolomites and a visit to the Giro d’Italia, we’ll be hosting one Intro to the Dolomites tour in 2018, supported by The Col Collective and InfoCrank.
19th – 26th May 2018 (7 nights)
€3150 – based on twin share accommodation, includes our exclusive Col Collective mountain essentials kit bag worth over €850! See ‘what’s included’ for details.
Coming soon – single supplement. Please contact us in advance to confirm availability.
10% discount for non-riding partners.
5% discount for group bookings of 3 or more.
InfoCrank Rental Package:
€3350 – for only €200 more than the regular package you can rent an InfoCrank for your bike. It will be installed on the arrival day giving you the opportunity to fully test it and learn about pacing with accurate power throughout the week. At the end of the tour you’ll have the option to simply return the crank or purchase it at a preferential rate of €1159.
InfoCrank Premium Package:
€4025 – As per our regular package plus your own InfoCrank power meter and help with your training before the tour through MYPOWER. This package also includes a Verve Cycling Pro bib and jersey set. Valued at €4750 this package gives a saving of €725 over the regular price.
- 7 nights traditional Tyrollean / Dolomite hotel accommodation based on a twin share basis.
- Personal airport collection and transfers from Innsbruck airport.
- Breakfast and dinner including beer, wine and soft drinks with evening meal.
- Food, snacks and drinks on the road during rides.
- Fully guided and supported rides with Mike and The Col Collective / InfoCrank teams.
- TORQ nutrition energy products with guidance on fuelling on and off the bike.
- TORQ recovery shake plus post ride snacks and hydration.
- Professional photos capturing the spirit of your time with The Col Collective and InfoCrank in the mountains.
- Bike wash facilities, tools, workshop and secure storage.
- Words of wisdom, help, advice and education throughout the week.
- Coach’s corner evening sessions on cycling performance.
- Free wifi
- Access to the spa (where available).
- Additional train fares (if needed).
The Col Collective premium mountain essentials kit bag worth over €850!
We are very proud to be able to offer a truly exceptional package from our partners to help you in every area of your cycling. This kit includes:
- The Col Collective cycling kit* (jersey and shorts) manufactured by Mavic (€260)
- Lezyne roadside essentials* (€75)
- Scicon custom kit bag* (€120)
- Exposure Lights Trace and TraceR custom Col Collective light kit* (€135)
- Muc-Off Ultra Endurance, Recovery, Chamois Cream and Hydrodynamic lube (€100)
- TORQ nutrition pack to allow you to fuel properly and scientifically throughout the week (€100)
- 6 months free access on all new subscriptions to The Sufferfest training app to help you get ready for the mountains (€60)
* The Col Collective Limited Edition
PLUS! Access to preferential Col Collective partner pricing**
- 25% off Mavic wheel systems and rider equipment up to €2,000 (€500 saving).
- 25% off selected Scicon products. Available in advance if needing to buy a bike box or bag to travel.
- 20% off Muc-Off.
- 15% off InfoCrank and access to their MyPower training suite (€240 saving). Available in advance if wishing to fit the InfoCrank prior to cycling tour.
** Limitations may apply and can be confirmed prior to booking. For 2018 we’re currently working on the full contents of our mountain essentials kit bag. Some items may change subject to availability but the value will be equivalent, or more, than quoted.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Your flights and travel arrangements
- Bike hire. Please contact us to arrange if required
- Travel and personal insurance
- Mini bar drinks at the hotel bar
- Additional sustenance outside of what’s listed above
- Massage (can be arranged as an optional extra)
THE WEEK IN BRIEF > We’re just waiting for the Giro d’Italia to be announced so full details will be online in November. Here’s what a sample week will look like.
Day 1 – Arrival and pick up from Innsbruck airport.
Day 2 – Today we head out to take a look at part of the 2018 World Championship road racing course with coaching on pacing, gearing, climbing and descending.
Day 3 – The famous Brenner pass crossing from Austria to Italy. Experience the beauty of South Tirol and first glimpses of the Italian Dolomites.
Day 4 – The Passo Del Erbe into the Dolomite wonderland.
Day 5 – Passes such as Sella, Gardena, Falzarego, Pordoi, Campalongo, Costalunga, Fedaia, Valparola and more are all within reach.
Day 6 – Dolomite ride to watch the pros in the Giro d’Italia.
Day 7 – Final ride out of the Dolomites with local train ride back to the Austrian border.
Day 8 – Departure and return to Innsbruck.
There will be plenty of options throughout the week to either add or subtract climbs depending on how you’re feeling so rest assured we’re here to look after you.
Day 1 to 8 Detailed day schedule to be confirmed once Giro d’Italia route is announced in November.
Full details of hotels and accommodation will be updated once the Giro d’Italia route has been announced.
THE COL COLLECTIVE CYCLING TOURS 2018 T&C’S AND DISCLAIMER
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please find below our booking terms and conditions for the 2018 cycling tours. On payment of your deposit you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions. Should you have any questions, please email us at moc.e1524318387vitce1524318387llocl1524318387oceht1524318387@sruo1524318387tgnil1524318387cyc1524318387.
All tour prices quoted are:
– Per person and are based on twin share accommodation unless otherwise stated.
– Single room supplements carry an additional cost and are subject to limited availability
For all tours we require a 30% deposit payable at the time of booking. Your booking will be confirmed on receipt of your deposit. The deposit is non-refundable but can be transferred to another person for the same or alternative tour (subject to availability) in the same year.
The remaining balance payment is due 12 weeks before the start date of your tour.
Should you need to cancel your tour we will apply the following charges:
Deposit – non-refundable (can be transferred to another person)*
If cancelled 8 weeks prior to the start of your trip we will refund 50% of the balance payment.
If cancelled within 8 weeks prior to the start of your tour the balance payment is non-refundable.
*In certain compassionate cases we can defer your deposit to another tour within a 12 month period. Please contact us to discuss your individual needs. In all other cases we advise our guests to take out sufficient travel insurance to cover any cancellations.
If we make changes to your tour or cancel
Due to the very nature of outdoor activities there may be occasions whereby we need to make minor changes to your tour. In any case, they would likely be for your benefit and we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. If we have to make a major change that greatly impacts the tour, such as the start date, we will discuss this with you and you have the right to request a refund.
There would be two occasions whereby we would cancel a tour.
– If the minimum number of bookings for a single tour is not reached. In this case we will offer you an alternative tour or a full refund. We will inform you of this no later than 12 weeks prior to your departure date.
– In the case of force majeure*
Your trip includes transfers from and back to Toulouse airport. Our collection and drop off time is at 12 noon from the airport so please coordinate your travel schedule with respect to these timings for both ways of your journey. Please be advised there may be a wait at the airport for other passengers, however we will be loaded up and on the road as soon as possible. The transfer time to and from the airport is 1hr 45 minutes. If you are not able to meet this schedule please let us know in advance of booking.
It may also be possible to arrange alternative collections from Lourdes airport or from Lourdes train station. If this is the case, please contact us prior to booking to discuss your travel schedule.
Adequate travel insurance is a condition of you taking part in our tours. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including cancellation charges, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident, illness and existing medical conditions. Your insurance must also cover you to undertake cycling activities and the associated risks. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
The Col Collective Cycling Tours are not liable for personal injury, death, damage to property or other loss whether arising from accident, cancellations, flight changes, delays or any other matter beyond our control. Participants should insure against all such possibilities. Participants should also check that their travel insurance covers them for Public Liability in the instance a participant is deemed to have caused an accident. When accepting The Col Collective Cycling Tours Booking Conditions 2018 guests are declaring that they understand the rules & regulations of safe & responsible road cycling.
Cycling and cycling tours are not without risks. You must be adequately fit and of an adequate proficiency (indicated in accordance with the general tour information applicable to your tour) to undertake the itinerary set out in the cycling tour you have chosen. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realise the hazards involved in cycling and cycling tours. You acknowledge that by the very nature of the activities you are exposed to an element of personal risk and that the activities are of a potentially hazardous and unpredictable nature above those associated with conventional holidays. You therefore accept and consent to the risks inherent in the implementation of your booking. You will be required to read and sign our disclaimer form prior to commencing your tour.
Guest Equipment and Security
The Col Collective Cycling Tours guest and staff bikes are stored in our secure garage overnight. However there is always an element of risk and, although small, the theft of road bikes is a constant concern. We will do our best to keep our participants and staff bikes secure at all times. Please ensure that your bike is insured against theft and that your other personal belongings are covered too as The Col Collective – Cycling Tours cannot accept liability for these items. As an addtional measure of security we kindly ask that all of our guests using public gps route systems such as Strava, refrain from starting rides with a 3km radius of the property.
All guests staying with us are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of other guests. If in our opinion we observe behaviour that is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any of our other guests, or any third party or damage to property, we reserve the right to terminate your booking arrangements with us immediately. In extreme cases The Col Collective – Cycling Tours reserve the right to decline, accept or retain any guest as a member of any tour party if his or her conduct is disruptive and affecting the enjoyment and safety of other guests on our trips. The Col Collective – Cycling Tours shall be under no liability for any extra cost incurred by such participant as a result of intolerable behaviour.
It is also a condition that participants wear an approved bicycle helmet (CPSC or equivalent certified standard) at all times while cycling and that all guests ensure that their road bike is in good working order before they arrive. We recommend that all guest bikes are serviced and you check your brakes, gears and tyres prior to travel to limit any bike maintenance during your stay. We have a check list which will help with your pre-travel bike prep to help you get the most out of your stay, and there are local bike shops with professional mechanics who can help in the event of a mechanical problem.
We will be taking photographs throughout your trip and reserve the right to use these for marketing purposes on our website and social media channels. You will also be given the images from your tour and have the rights to use your own images which we will send to you. If there are certain images that you would prefer we do not use, or you would not like us to take photos of you during your trip, please inform us on arrival.
Disabilities and Medical Problems
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your participation in the tour, please provide us with full details before we confirm your booking. In certain circumstances we may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate in the tour. Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person concerned, we will not confirm your booking. Or if you did not provide full details at the time of booking we reserve the right to cancel the booking and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details.
You must be adequately fit to cover the distances and undertake the program set out in your itinerary. If it is felt that any guest is not sufficiently fit, healthy, properly equipped or able to complete the tour without affecting his/her safety we have the right to cease rider participation at any time. In cases of emergency we have your authority to arrange any necessary medical or surgical treatments and to sign any required form of consent on your behalf.
Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements and Health Formalities
It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel, or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
Our obligation to you is to fulfil your tour as described and ensure that we act safely and responsibly at all times for the benefit and enjoyment of all our guests. If at any time you feel something is not being honoured or you are dissatisfied, please inform us at the earliest possible time in order that we can rectify the issue and ensure you have the very best stay with us.
We will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil strife terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, riot, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster and adverse weather, sea, ice and river conditions and all similar events outside of our control.
Your booking with us is governed by the laws of France.
THE COL COLLECTIVE CYCLING TOURS DISCLAIMER 2018
In consideration of The Col Collective Cycling Tours arranging for me to take part in my booked cycling tour I understand and agree that:
1. I am required to comply with all statutory and legal requirements when participating in the tour, including but not limited to all road traffic laws.
2. I am physically capable of taking part and have no medical condition which would affect my participation in the tour.
3. I have provided accurate information about my cycling experience and ability and I confirm that I am competent enough to participate in my chosen tour.
4. I am solely responsible for my possessions. The Col Collective Cycling Tours accepts no risk for any damage to, or loss of, my property whilst taking part in the tour.
5. I am responsible for the condition and maintenance of the bike I use on the tour and any other equipment I bring to or use on the tour.
6. The Col Collective Cycling Tours gives no guarantee or warranty in respect of any maintenance or repairs carried out at my request on any bike or other equipment.
7. The Col Collective Cycling Tours will not be liable for any damage to my property as a result of any maintenance or repairs carried out at my request on any bike or other equipment.
8. Any medical or legal assistance which I require on the tour will be arranged by The Col Collective Cycling Tours on my behalf and will be provided at my expense and risk.
9. I have provided emergency contact details and authorise The Col Collective Cycling Tours to contact that person in the event of an emergency.
10. In the event of any medical emergency, I authorise The Col Collective Cycling Tours to arrange any necessary medical or surgical treatments and to sign any required form of consent on my behalf.
11. Cycling is a physically strenuous activity and there are risks and dangers inherent in taking part in the tour. These include the risk of injury and death and loss of or damage to my property. I accept full responsibility for these risks and I agree that The Col Collective Cycling Tours and its employees are released from any liability resulting from my injury or death or any loss of or damage to my property incurred during the tour.